The deadline for our third week of camp, Awesome Animals, is approaching fast! Sign up by Wednesday, July 18th for fun-filled, creative art projects to make your summer a blast!
July 9 – 27 • 9:00am - 12:00pm • Ages 6 – 13
1. Mixed Media Masterpieces • 7/9 – 7/13 • Ages 6-13 • Registration deadline: 7/2
Creativity thrives when you have a wide choice of colorful art materials and mediums at your fingertips! Create in the medium you choose, with guidance, from a variety of all new, unique and exciting art projects: clay sculptures, mixed-media portraits, 3D sculptures, printmaking; landscapes using charcoal, paint and cardstock; drawings, watercolors, acrylic painting and more! Instructor: Stephanie Polinski
2. Nature’s Beauty • 7/16 - 7/20 • Ages 6-13 • Registration deadline: 7/9
Art appreciation through nature! Artists will enjoy experimenting and exploring many art techniques and materials while creating nature-themed projects. Each day you will create with a different medium. Draw, paint, sculpt and print objects such as shells, flowers, animals, leaves, and landscapes. 2D and 3D fun - just to name a few projects!!! Instructor: Christine O'Brien
3. LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP! Awesome Animals • 7/23 - 7/27 • Ages 6-13 • Registration deadline: 7/18
Animal Art Through Time - Campers will create animal art of all kinds inspired by art from ancient Egypt to modern times! Create a sculpture out of clay, drawings, paintings and an animation animal character. Instructor: Trish Schuster
- Ancient Egypt: Sculpt and incise your clay hippo with lotus designs inspired by “William”, the blue mascot of the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
- Middle Ages: Illustrate a bestiary book, a collection of drawings of animals both real and fantastic.
- 19th Century: Create an Art Nouveau animal poster, a style inspired by forms in nature.
- 20th Century: Paint animals on paper ‘bark’ in the style of Australia’s Aboriginal people, as if viewed with “x-ray vision” with fantastic insides.
- 20th Century: Create and ink an animated character and a painted backdrop inspired by the techniques Disney used in Snow White and the Little Mermaid.
Registration required • Limited space available